[opensuse-factory] Re: About the Live CDs (PLEASE READ)
  • From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 19:38:44 +0200
Stephan Kulow writes:
So I wonder: should we screw the medium CD and go officially for
1GB sticks as our medium? (or require DVD medium for non-usb).

Before I switched to using mainly DVD for backup, I've been using both
80min/800MB and sometimes 99min/870MB CD media. So even if you decide
to drop the CD image officially, it would still be useful for folks with
only CD drives if you keep the smallest image in the 800MB bracket if
possible. The 870MB media are much less common today and were always a
bit iffy when used in different drives.

Regards,
Achim.