On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 5:15 AM, Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Do people really
1-write code? (cpp, python _and_ perl)

python's part of many core system tools, and so is perl. I'm not sure
about cpp, though.

2-burn OM? (K3B)

If I had a computer with 2 optical drives, I could be interested in
knowing how well k3b works.
However, that sounds like a niche.

3-manage their MP3 libraries or other databases? (Amarok, mysql...)
booted from live media?

I guess it's very important to have some media software on the
live-cd, so that users can test their would-be distribution for media
support. There's usually quite a lot of incompatibilities with
audio/video drivers and whatnot, so being able to do a quick check
without installing is valuable IMO - I myself do it all the time
before installing any version of openSUSE.

How many live media users have printers that don't require proprietary
drivers?

Same here - people need to be able to check print capability before
committing to an OS.