Torsdag den 7. juni 2012 07:57:10 Stephan Kulow skrev:
So I wonder: should we screw the medium CD and go officially for
1GB sticks as our medium? (or require DVD medium for non-usb).

I "vote" for 1 (or maybe 1.2 or so) gig ISO for liveusb/livedvd and drop the
CD. openSUSE is too cool for CDs ;-)

It's still a reasonably small download and will fit a 2 gig usb stick.

Also it's a medium-to-long-term solution. Even if we manage to squeeze under
700 megs this time we'll have the same problem again next week and the week
after...

This also has the added benefit that people won't have to install several
hundred megs of "recommended" packages post-install on every installaton they
do from the live medium to have a complete, fully functional experience. So
overall they'll probably save bandwidth - at least if they perform more than
one installation with the medium in its lifetime.