2012/6/7 Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On 2012-06-07 14:43, Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 7. Juni 2012, 14:32:33 schrieb Carlos E. R.:

Many people using the CD do so because of limited bandwidth. Those
people could never use a network install.

They will have to download the data at some point, be it a CD image or
net install.

Downloading a CD slowly is possible. A fist install that slowly is
impossible.

If we go to the USB stick, then IMO, we would also need a single CD
install/rescue image. XFCE, for example.

Have you tried an USB rescue on a slow computer? The CD boots reasonably
fast, the USB takes minutes to only load the kernel.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

               Carlos E. R.

Hi,

I vote for a 1GB USB without the blocks. Right now, with the LiveCD
(the way I always install openSUSE), you donwload 700MB, "burn" it to
USB and install. On the first update (for example to let it install is
language packages) it will download another 150~200 MB

Another solution would be drop the existent languages and let only
english on LiveCD or dropping Gimp.

Regards

Luiz