Re: Re: Re: Re: [opensuse-factory] Getting Plymouth to work in Beta 1
  • From: Nelson Marques <nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 12:36:57 +0100
2012/6/5 Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx>:
Le mardi 05 juin 2012 à 10:08 +0200, Raymond Wooninck a écrit :
2) There is a black screen between Plymouth and KDM. However the
question arises if this is indeed a flicker/black screen, as that
there is a mouse pointer visible which indicates that KDM is loading.

Hmm, did you test on "real" hardware ? To get a smooth transition, there
is some patches needed in Xorg driver. I know we have them for Intel,
Radeon and nouveau but I don't think we have similar stuff for vesa nor
virtualbox driver (but I might be wrong).

You need a driver that supports KMS; proprietary drivers do have the
black screen.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx>
SUSE

Nelson Marques
// I've stopped trying to understand sandwiches with a third piece of
bread in the middle...