Re: [opensuse-factory] Really too much to ask for a working Software Management system ??
  • From: Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 16:09:23 -0300
On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Raymond Wooninck <tittiatcoke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Are we really expecting from our users that they will fall-back to a command
line tool with reduced functionality ??   I think this is the biggest Show-
Stopper that openSUSE 12.2 has at the moment and I really hope that the YaST
and Zypper teams getting their acts together and providing a working solution
before 12.2 is released. It would be really strange to see a release without
the possibility to update the system properly.

I remember reading on the list that if the problems weren't resolved
by release time, they'd switch to the older gcc for zypper/yast,
essentially solving the problem by default. So as long as good bug
reports show the failings, the final release should be OK (though I
guess a beta2/rc would be nice to have, built with an older gcc, to
make sure it's indeed fixed).