Re: [opensuse-factory] Getting Plymouth to work in Beta 1
  • From: Roman Bysh <rbtc1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 11:30 -0400
On June 2, 2012 11:03:25 AM Raymond Wooninck wrote:
On Friday, June 01, 2012, Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
El 01/06/12 18:18, Roman Bysh escribió:
Hello all,

Has anyone been able to get Plymouth to work by it's default setting?
What other packages are required?

Yes, working here in two different systems (nvidia/propietary,
Intel/i915+kms) I got a warning that solved installing plugin-label
package.
This particular issue is already resolved in Factory. What I also noticed is
that the kernel command line is not adjusted. Please validate that in your
grub settings the kernel command line is correct "splash quiet" instead of
"splash=silent" or "splash=verbose". The last two are incompatible with
plymouth and would cause a black screen.

Regards

Raymond

I'm still seeing a very brief black screen between the space flares and kdm
theme to desktop. Is there a way of removing the black screen?

Are there plans to have a smooth transition between Plymouth and kdm theme?

Have you decided which Plymouth theme will be used as the default?

Cheers!

Roman