On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 5:31 AM, Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm sorry, but just _assuming_ the status instead of _checking_ it
sounds like a bad idea[tm]. It's even worse because we are talking about
security-relevant services (AppArmor, SuSEfirewall) here - I'd prefer to
get the real status instead of a "well, I started it..." ;-)

Well, either there is a daemon running and the check is working fine,
either there isn't and the service isn't a "real" service. It was just
faked.

Assuming a service is a daemon is quite shortsighted.
Not to mention dumb.