Hello,

Am Dienstag, 20. Dezember 2011 schrieb Frederic Crozat:
Le mardi 20 décembre 2011 à 16:05 +0100, Christian Boltz a écrit :
The initscript calls "aa-status", prints its output and returns the
status/errorcode based on $? of aa-status. How can I do this
(execute a command when checking the status) with systemd to get
at least the errorcode?

You can't, through systemd. The service will be based on either it is
running (for a RemainAfterExit=false type) or it was run based on its
error code (for a RemainAfterExit=true type).

In other words: when I ask for the status it says "well, I started it,
so it must still be active" - right?

I'm sorry, but just _assuming_ the status instead of _checking_ it
sounds like a bad idea[tm]. It's even worse because we are talking about
security-relevant services (AppArmor, SuSEfirewall) here - I'd prefer to
get the real status instead of a "well, I started it..." ;-)

Please consider to implement something like
ExecStatus=/path/to/status-checking-binary
in *.service files to fix this issue.

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Und als nächste dürfen Querschnittgelähmte spammen, Blinde dürfen meinen
Server aufmachen, und wer als Kind im Ostblock aufgewachsen ist darf