Am 17.12.2011 21:51, schrieb James Knott:

Per Jessen wrote:
I know this is difficult, but people who are using third party products
could list them. Examples I have myself - the HP Proliant Support Pack
and 3ware init-scripts.

I use after.local to start my 6in4 tunnel on my firewall. How will
something like that start?

You use a proper init script with the really needed dependencies? What
does 6in4 need? Networking I suppose?
So create an init script that does exactly that.

I had a similar thing with wwwoffle (which always starts up in offline
mode), which I had solved in after.local before:

server:~ # cat /etc/init.d/wwwoffle-online
#!/bin/sh
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: wwwoffle-compat
# Required-Start: wwwoffle
# Should-Start:
# Required-Stop:
# Should-Stop:
# Default-Start: 3 5
# Default-Stop: 0 1 2 6
# Short-Description: set wwwoffle online
### END INIT INFO
. /etc/rc.status
rc_reset
case "$1" in
start)
echo -n "setting wwwoffle online"

Works beautifully:
server:~ # systemctl status wwwoffle-online.service
wwwoffle-online.service - LSB: set wwwoffle online
Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/wwwoffle-online)
Active: active (exited) since Sun, 18 Dec 2011 21:18:37 +0100; 14h ago
CGroup: name=systemd:/system/wwwoffle-online.service
--
Stefan Seyfried

"Dispatch war rocket Ajax to bring back his body!"