On Sunday 18 December 2011, Lars Müller wrote:
On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 02:41:32AM +0100, Rüdiger Meier wrote:
[ 8< ]

I would expect something like this:

------------
[...]
Starting mail service (Postfix)
done Starting CRON daemon
done Starting
smartd
unused Master Resource Control: Running
/etc/init.d/after.local done
Master Resource Control: runlevel 3 has been
reached Skipped services in runlevel 3:
cpufreq
microcode.ctl smartd

Welcome to openSUSE 12.1 "Asparagus" - Kernel 3.1.0-1.2-desktop
(ttyS0).

This is possible if the scripts are executed in a linear way/ order.
And even with sysvinit we set by default
/etc/sysconfig/boot:RUN_PARALLEL="yes" which already caused some
messages to get messed between others. You had been able to see this
afterwards in /var/log/boot.msg

With systemd this all gets more agile, felxible, unsorted, out of
order and therefore it doesn't make much sense to try to keep it in
order.

I don't complain about the order. I can't login via serial console when
using systemd.

cu,
Rudi