Am 17.12.2011 18:12, schrieb Cristian Rodríguez:
On 18/12/11 07:10, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
might be that systemd is documented. What still is not very
comprehensive though is packager documentation for openSUSE's systemd
migration.
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Systemd_packaging_guidelines (this is
simply not answering many questions)

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Systemd_status

I was able to find a solution/workaround for some of them. And I'm not
sure if those break because I wasn't able to fully test them.

what is missing there so it can be improved ? do we want to duplicate
the man pages or other documentation found in upstream ?

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd

I believe that's enough, at least is enough to get started for me :-)

You apparently neither have read this mail nor the status page. Most of
the open questions I have are not systemd specific but openSUSE
specific. We have no proper documentation how to migrate a package from
init script to a systemd service and what macros are acceptable or how a
package can be enabled by default without touching some base system package.

I won't repeat the question on that page here but let me quote from a
package where I tried to support systemd (on 12.1 with sysvinit and
systemd support):

%post
%if %suse_version > 1140
%service_add_post pcscd.service pcscd.socket
/bin/systemctl disable pcscd.service || :
/bin/systemctl enable pcscd.socket || :
/bin/systemctl try-restart pcscd.service || :
/bin/systemctl restart pcscd.socket || :
%endif
%fillup_and_insserv -y -n pcscd pcscd
%restart_on_update pcscd

%postun
%if %suse_version > 1140
%service_del_postun pcscd.service pcscd.socket
# make sure to reload systemd for possible downgrades
if [ "$1" = "1" ]; then
/bin/systemctl daemon-reload >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
fi
%endif
%insserv_cleanup

I'm absolutely sure that something above is broken but as I said the
packaging guidelines specific to openSUSE are more than lacking and
upstream systemd documentation doesn't help with that.

Wolfgang