On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Cristian Rodríguez
<crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Your implied goals are that all services should have FULLY native
systemd support and that /etc/init.d should be GONE.

Yes, from packages installed by the distribution, I have said nothing about
user provided scripts neither about removing sysinit support from systemd, I
am talking about the default installation.

 > Ignoring timeframe, I'm not aware that either of those are goals.  I

have seen it posted repeatedly that systemd supports scripts in
/etc/init.d, so it is not obvious to me that your assumed goals are in
fact opensuse community goals.

If this is not a goal, then goals are wrong and plain madness.

I have no idea, I'm just saying I haven't seen it stated and the
implications have been the opposite if anything. ie. I have
repeatedly seen it posted that systemd support can be achieved by
leveraging the existing scripts in /etc/init.d.

So before arguing for or against your plan, a new thread discussing
the goals seems to make sense.

Greg