On 17/12/11 14:12, Per Jessen wrote:
but I think we should also consider
what to do about third party products or packages that are unlikely to
upgrade to systemd or where an upgrade is not expected before our first
release without sysvinit support.
I know this is difficult, but people who are using third party products
could list them. Examples I have myself - the HP Proliant Support Pack
and 3ware init-scripts.

Third party packages cannot be fixed by opensuse neither we should stop doing things just because some other provider does not fix their stuff.(will fail on fedora, mandriva and other distros that are in this same boat too)

If we consider this argument then nothing will go forward, the number of usecase scenarios become unmanageable and will be forever stuck if we care about crap packages provided by someone else.