  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 18:12:26 +0100
Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

Hi:

Supporting 2 different init systems comes with a large increase of
possible usecases and scenarios that are very difficult to support
correctly, specially in the long term.

This RFC proposes steps to permanently phase out sysvinit from future
openSUSE releases.

I'm not sure where this belongs, but I think we should also consider
what to do about third party products or packages that are unlikely to
upgrade to systemd or where an upgrade is not expected before our first
release without sysvinit support.
I know this is difficult, but people who are using third party products
could list them. Examples I have myself - the HP Proliant Support Pack
and 3ware init-scripts.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (3.7°C)