[opensuse-factory] Proposal for 12.2, move all binaries under /usr
Hi all,

As a proposal for 12.2, I would like to implement the move of all
binaries to /usr/ like is being done at the moment in Fedora.

Here's the details as to why this is a good thing to do, and what is
involved in it:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/UsrMove

The first packages implementing this have already started to land in
Fedora's version of Factory.

Before you get worried, there will be symlinks back to /bin and /sbin
for those scripts expecting things to be in those locations.

We can use the Fedora patches for almost all of this, they are all
published at:
http://harald.fedorapeople.org/downloads/usrmove/
and a number of upstream projects are already moving their releases over
to this as well, which will make things easier.

If there are no major objections, I'll start working on Base:system in
December.

thanks,

greg k-h

p.s. Please, before you respond, read the link above and all of the
discussion about it and don't repeat the same questions that the link
already answers.