[opensuse-factory] harping on the "SUSE controls openSUSE" crap.
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 20:47:00 +0200
Robert Schweikert wrote:

OK, after a number of years where we have worked really hard to hand
control of the project to the community and have opened a lot of tools
and processes to the community you still are harping on the "SUSE
controls openSUSE" crap. This ticks me off big time.

It's surely a fact nonetheless. Are you disputing that? There are very
few (if any) mechanisms for the community at large to make community
decisions. Perhaps openSUSE isn't controlled by SUSE, but it certainly
isn't controlled by the community either:
We don't yet have a foundation, many key "community" positions are
(apparently) occupied by SUSE staff. We can't even get an official
list of who is staff and who isn't (a while ago I asked about an
organigramm and only got given a long run-around by Andreas Jaeger).

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (8.4°C)