[opensuse-factory] Samba going 3.6.0 (rc2)
  • From: Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 00:23:27 +0200
Hi,

today we requested to get Samba 3.6.0 rc2 into openSUSE Factory.

There are big changes coming with this release. As a curious user
willing to know what's going on you have several information sources
available:

a) WHATSNEW.txt available from the samba-doc package in
/usr/share/doc/packages/samba/ as soon as you install from
network:samba:TESTING or online at
http://ftp.samba.org/pub/samba/rc/WHATSNEW-3-6-0rc2.txt

b) The package change log as available from rpm. There you find
references to bugzilla.samba.org (bso) reports as to those filed at
bugzilla.novell.com (bnc).

Please check http://en.openSUSE.org/Samba for general information on
Samba as part of openSUSE and a bug reporting how to.

To make contribution easier possible in the future, we're currently in
the process to migrate the SUSE Samba package sources preparation to a
similar way as the SUSE kernel is maintained.

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]
Samba Team