Re: [opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-factory] The road to systemd for openSUSE 12.1
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 18:57:09 +0200
Guido Berhoerster wrote:

Anyway, since such a decision has implications for the whole
distribution and its direction due to the associated costs of
switchting to it and possibly away from it in the future I would
expect some deliberation based on technical grounds in public
_before_ making that decision including an evaluation of the
alternatives, reasoning why it is desirable to fully commit to it
right now (as opposed to providing optional support), associated
costs, reasoning why it is in the interest of openSUSE etc. So
far I haven't been able to find any such deliberation or even a
simple discussion about making a decision in whichever form,
there are just several statements by SUSE employees which take it
for granted that systemd will be the default in 12.1, this was my
main point and is what irks me the most in this case.

+1

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (20.0°C)