Re: [opensuse-factory] Cronie as default cron in Factory
On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 11:57:32PM +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2011-06-06 17:02, Vitezslav Cizek wrote:
On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 04:36:58PM +0200, Stefan Seyfried wrote:

Crontabs not working after upgrade which did work fine before is IMHO
nothing I'd call "correct".

You're right.
But as this behaviour was caused by a bug, I think it should be fixed.

Yes, it should be fixed that cronie fails silently when it finds an entry
with a dash. It should complain in the log and/or the email that the plain
users can not use the dash; and ignore the dash and execute the entry, and
log it.

It doesn't fail silently, it complains to syslog with:
"(CRON) ERROR (Only privileged user can disable logging)"

I prefer Stefan's approach, cron will strip leading dashes
from unprivileged users' crontabs during an update.

The only case when a dash can slip to a user's crontab remains,
when someone copies a crontab between different systems,
but this is the user's fault and he should handle it himself.

--
Vita Cizek