Re: [opensuse-factory] devel project for computer forensic apps?
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 12:14:13 -0400
On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 4:24 AM, Martin Schlander
<martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Lørdag den 4. juni 2011 22:25:04 skrev Greg Freemyer:
I'm hoping to push a computer forensic app called "log2timeline" to a
devel repo soon.  And then to factory, possibly.

(it is still fairly young, so putting it in a stable repo may be
pointless.)

There are a number of other computer forensic apps on OBS, but mostly
spread around in various peoples home projects.  (I'd say I found at
least 20 packages related to computer forensics in my casual looking
on OBS)

For those that don't know "forensics" is the application of science to
the legal world.  So one could argue these apps should just be added
to the science project, but I don't think its really a good fit.

science:forensics would be my preference, but it doesn't exist (yet).

Can anyone recommend where I should SR my package to?  Should I file a
bugzilla to create science:forensics?

There's a Security project on OBS, wouldn't that fit the bill better?

Looking at that repo, it does seem like a good fit.

I'll SR my forensic packages to it.

Thanks
Greg