Re: Re : [opensuse-factory] SSD detection when creating first time fstab ?
On 06/05/2011 12:12 AM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Vincent Lejeune <vljn@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

thank for your explanations ; I was not aware of the performance issue of
mount-discard.

I didn't see any true performance improvement by using this option, but I
didn't run synthetic benchmark to check this.
I ran wiper.sh but no perceptible performance improvement as well... maybe
it's only marginally faster ?

I posted a feature request :

https://features.opensuse.org/312476

Vincent

Great,

I just voted for it and added a positive comment.

It will show up in a weekly news update soon so the community can see
it (and hopefully vote for it.)

Greg

Greg where did you find it.
The project main page said Fstrim has been already merged into util-linux-ng!
But I didn't find it on factory nor software.o.o nor obs

Can you give me a link for that ?

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch