Re: [opensuse-factory] filesystem query
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 18:52:09 -0400
On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 6:41 PM, Carlos E. R.
<robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 06/03/2011 12:34 AM, Greg Freemyer wrote:

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 5:48 PM, Jeff Mahoney<jeffm@xxxxxxxx>  wrote:
<snip>

They resolved that years ago, but ever since then, I've been wary of
data=writeback functionality.  I want the data on disk prior to all
the metadata starts flying around.

You need battery backed cache >:-)

One of my clients just had to replace their cache battery.

No longer in production, so it cost them $1K. I don't know where they found it!

But the old battery was on a Y cable so they could plug in the
replacement battery before they disconnected the old battery.

Now that's what I call paranoia!

Greg