Re: [opensuse-factory] ADSL and Opensuse 12.1
2011/6/2 jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>:
Le 02/06/2011 18:51, Juan Erbes a écrit :

The new Opensuse 12.1, will have the adsl packages with the first
install enabled?

what kind of box? is it a ethernet one or an USB?

for ethernet there is no config needed else the network one. For USB I don't
know :-(

Not for usb.

For adsl via ethernet, they are 2 cases:

1- The adsl modem router is configured by the provider to make the
automatic login. In this case, is no need to configure the adsl. Only
the automatic or manual config for ethernet is needed.

2- The login process is made from the box, and in this case, I need to
configure the adsl in the box, and in this case are needed the
packages smpppd, linux-atm-lib, and the utility to manage the
connection from the desktop, like kinternet or qinternet.

Cheers