Re: [opensuse-factory] HAL and related
On Wednesday 01 June 2011 18:54:08 Greg Freemyer wrote:

fyi: if adding kde3 back into factory does not cause something else to
be kicked out, I think it should be. I think the community
packager(s) has proven he is willing to support it to some extent.

I think the justification behind removing KDE3 was that if it is removed, KDE4
will become better. I opened a feature request in openFATE to restore KDE3
but most people voted against with most comments were such that if KDE3
restored, bugs in KDE4 will not be fixed. So I think there is no hope to
expect KDE3 to be ever restored in openSUSE.