Re: [opensuse-factory] HAL and related
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 10:54:08 -0400
On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 9:25 AM, Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 03:22:46PM +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le mercredi 01 juin 2011, à 14:31 +0200, Carlos E. R. a écrit :
It is not supported by openSUSE staff, ie, SUSE/Novell, but it is supported
by the community.

"openSUSE staff" is the community. It's not SUSE/Novell.

I guess (but I don't know, since I've not followed things there) that
the point is that KDE3 is not officially supported by the project,
mostly because nobody wants to promise anything about security fixes and
stability (people working on it will do their best, though).

Or the other way round ... if there are community packagers keeping
it alive it could also live in Factory and the openSUSE releases...

Ciao, Marcus

Marcus,

One thing that's not clear to me is the relationship between factory
and the DVD.

My impression is that anything with community support and a lack of
legal issues can get into factory, but that the DVD is limited by
size, so some subset of factory is actually used to make the ISOs.

Can you clarify that?

fyi: if adding kde3 back into factory does not cause something else to
be kicked out, I think it should be. I think the community
packager(s) has proven he is willing to support it to some extent.

Greg