Re: [opensuse-factory] Chromium as the default browser in the next release?
  • From: İsmail Dönmez <ismail@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 16:35:44 +0100
On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Jeff Mahoney <jeffm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 03/22/2011 09:41 AM, Manu Gupta wrote:
Hi all,

Can we have chromium as the default browser in the next release?

My reasons being

1. Faster
2. Better support for HTML5 and CSS3
3. Excellent browser rendering capabilities
4. Appstore is as good as firefox's and getting better

The only issue I have is it creates multiple process

So does firefox now. It's a security feature.

My issue is that the interface is ugly as sin. I installed it for about
5 minutes and ran screaming back to Firefox.

I am not sure if its only me but Firefox seems to a better font
rendering compared to Chromium.

Regards,
ismail