Re: [opensuse-factory] Chromium as the default browser in the next release?
El 22/03/11 10:41, Manu Gupta escribió:
Hi all,

Can we have chromium as the default browser in the next release?

My reasons being

1. Faster
2. Better support for HTML5 and CSS3
3. Excellent browser rendering capabilities
4. Appstore is as good as firefox's and getting better

The only issue I have is it creates multiple process

I agree with the positive features you mention, but have you seen the
mess it is internally ?

-It duplicates a large number of components of the OS, Webkit, sqlite,
ICU, etc...that's a hell for maintenance. (well, firefox does the same
insanity) , but yeah, it is expected that at some point in the future
google will fix this.

- I have not managed to make html5 video to work properly, even when all
needed components are installed.