Re: [opensuse-factory] New policy proposal for Factory: Make source of tar balls trackable
  • From: Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 12:40:15 +0100
On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:54:41AM +0100, Sascha Peilicke wrote:
On Monday 21 March 2011 10:39:02 Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Montag, 21. März 2011, 10:38:11 schrieb Ralf Lang:
Am Montag, 21. März 2011, 10:00:01 schrieb Adrian Schröter:

I like to propose a new policy for Factory regarding our package source
handling with the goal that our package sources are upgradable,
modifyable and trustable by any other developer.

Please find my proposal here:

http://lizards.opensuse.org/2011/03/21/policy-proposal-for-factory-make
-sou rce-of-tar-balls-trackable/

A lot of sources want to be bzipped after download because they are big
gzip archives and rpmlint complains. How should I do this with your
download service?

Either we need to add an automatic recompression or we drop this policy
(and rpmlint check).

Dropping would allow to compare source tarballs against checksums published
upstream.

If the upstream project follows this convention. But some projects
don't.

With Samba we have tar.gz files while we have a tar.asc and no
tar.gz.asc file. This is mainly historical grown. And as this state is
documented we consider it ok.

Therefore I appreciate if we're able to handle this in a flexible way on
the OBS side.

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]