Re: [opensuse-factory] New policy proposal for Factory: Make source of tar balls trackable
On Monday 21 March 2011 10:39:02 Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Montag, 21. März 2011, 10:38:11 schrieb Ralf Lang:
Am Montag, 21. März 2011, 10:00:01 schrieb Adrian Schröter:
Hi,

I like to propose a new policy for Factory regarding our package source
handling with the goal that our package sources are upgradable,
modifyable and trustable by any other developer.

Please find my proposal here:

http://lizards.opensuse.org/2011/03/21/policy-proposal-for-factory-make
-sou rce-of-tar-balls-trackable/

And please drop some comments as reply to this mail :)

thanks
adrian

A lot of sources want to be bzipped after download because they are big
gzip archives and rpmlint complains. How should I do this with your
download service?

Either we need to add an automatic recompression or we drop this policy
(and rpmlint check).

Dropping would allow to compare source tarballs against checksums published
upstream.
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Sascha Peilicke