Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.5 vs. 12.0
On Monday 14 March 2011 21:52:39 Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
Wow, you have a machine with 1.2 Terabytes RAM?
Assuming a RAM module size of 16 GB (biggest I could find), this means
at least 75 RAM modules. Could you tell me which x86 board you're
talking about? I'm curious because even the Tyan S8232 showcased at
Cebit maxes out at 768 GB RAM.

You might want to move beyond the desktop PC platform. Server boards can
handle multiple terabytes of RAM. Here, for example, is SGI Altix with 24TB

http://www.sgi.com/products/servers/altix/memory.html

and here a slightly more standard one from Unisys (I hope the link works, it
is the ES7000 7600R G2) with 2TB per board

http://unisys.com/unisys/product/productdetail.jsp?id=1120000490000010000&pid=1120000970004610072

Anders