Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.5 vs. 12.0
On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 07:24, Thomas Taylor <linxt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 08:02:21 +0100
jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Le 12/03/2011 07:58, Thomas Taylor a écrit :

If you get rid of /dev/disk/by-id, How can you identify a partition in
event of a partition table failure?

the partition number is still part of the name

Not on my install (11.4 from scratch) unless I modify /etc/fstab
and /boot/grub/menu.lst as shown in the attached screenshots.  The only
partition number in either one are what I have added, not by the installer
which ONLY shows uuids, not partition numbers.
You must be really unlucky. My 11.4 install, from scratch from DVD
shows partition
numbers in both menu.1st and /etc/fstab.

HTH
ne...
Now accepting personal mail for GMail invites.