Re: [opensuse-factory] Bugs in 11.4
On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 09:36, Vincent Untz wrote:
Don't you know what is with Gnome's menus? I have only one
level of folding after update which creates mess :-(.

Yes, that's a design decision of the GNOME team. For years, we've been
unhappy with the deep-nested menus we had and wanted a menu structure
similar to the one from upstream.

FWIW, you can change this by unsetting the XDG_MENU_PREFIX environment
variable -- this is being set in /usr/bin/gnome.

Just an additional comment to this... other Gnome-centric distros (I'm
thinking of Ubuntu here) are also one level only in the Gnome menus.

One person's mess is another person's good thing :-)

C.