Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.5 vs. 12.0
On Friday 11 March 2011 20:44:25 Larry Stotler wrote:

Is KDE3 supported in the latest releases? I'e heard that you can install
a full running KDE 3.5.10 desktop on 11.3. Does it be supported by us or
a community project or is it unsupported? I think GNOME 2.x will be in
SLE for a while. Maybe we can use this bugfixes if we need them?

KDE3 is now a community project for openSUSE. There's also the
Trinity project, but we aren't packaging their stuff yet from what I
have seen.

There's a slight issue with the KDE Control Center that Ilya Chernykh
is trying to sort out(it doesn't show anything - looks to be an icon
install issue from what I see on the KDE3 list). I'm still running
11.0 on most of my stuff, but plan to try out 11.4/KDE3 as soon as I
get the time.

I have just upgraded from 11.3 to 11.4 and cannot rproduce that issue
with icon module in kcontrol. :-/ Although multiple people reported it
already.