Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.5 vs. 12.0
Am 11.03.2011 16:43, schrieb Vincent Untz:
Are you interested in having GNOME 2 available, or having a user
experience similar to the GNOME 2 one?
My point: When GNOME 3 is *stable* the G2-experience is the best choice. When GNOME 3 becomes like KDE (I mean 4.0.x and 4.1.x) it´s better to ship 2.32.x with it.
The latter is not that hard with GNOME 3, that's my point:-) The former
needs manpower,
Is KDE3 supported in the latest releases? I´ve heard that you can install a full running KDE 3.5.10 desktop on 11.3. Does it be supported by us or a community project or is it unsupported? I think GNOME 2.x will be in SLE for a while. Maybe we can use this bugfixes if we need them?
obviously, but could be doable -- we just need to
discuss this option very early.

Kim

openSUSE Ambassador
http://www.suseusers.de.vu