Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.5 vs. 12.0
Le vendredi 11 mars 2011, à 15:13 +0000, Nelson Marques a écrit :
I haven't run GNOME3 with 'nomodeset' to check it out, but there's a
lot of people bullying GNOME3 in Fedora... The panels were one of the
reasons invoked, so that's why I mentioned it... so we don't have to
go through the same.

Well, from my tiny experience with GNOME Shell and GNOME3, I do see
some potential on it, and by not making G2 available we might push
people to be spend more time with shell, I would suppose that would
also increase the number of converts to G3/Gnome-shell. Which honestly
is a very good thing.

Take a look at the Fedora Planet for some insight. If you want I can
compile a small set of links.

Are you interested in having GNOME 2 available, or having a user
experience similar to the GNOME 2 one?

The latter is not that hard with GNOME 3, that's my point :-) The former
needs manpower, obviously, but could be doable -- we just need to
discuss this option very early.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.