Re: [opensuse-factory] 11.5 vs. 12.0
Onsdag den 9. marts 2011 00:02:52 skrev Larry Stotler:
On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 4:28 AM, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We made the decision that factory is 11.4++ and used the simplest algebra
possible. That doesn't mean we can't rename the repo.

Well, when is SLES/SLED planning to be updated? Usually, that would
be with 12.1. So, if that is something that would be done sometime
soon, then I could see the next release being 12.0.

IIRC, .4 was the highest S.u.S.E. release. v6.4 & v4.4.1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SUSE_Linux_distributions#Versions

It's the intention to move away from meaningless version numbers dictated by
marketing - and instead have meaningful version numbers that say something
about the release.