Re: [opensuse-factory] lcms2 in multimedia:libs to Factory
  • From: peter linnell <plinnell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 21:31:23 +0200
On 10/8/10 5:26 PM, Peter Linnell wrote:
On 10/8/10 4:51 PM, Will Stephenson wrote:
There's currently an lcms2 package in multimedia:libs that is not in
openSUSE
Factory. KOffice 2.3 can use it, so it would be handy to have it in
Factory?
Any objection to pushing it? and

No. I cleaned up the spec a bit more and have an SR pending for it.

SR accepted.

The main issue is that (I am told) lcms2 is not a drop in replacement
of lcms1
and the dependency list of lcms1 is about 360 packages in total, so it
should
be introduced it as a new package instead of a new version.

Exactly. Marti Maria the developer has said in the docs and mentioned to
me he was very aware that it would need to be paralell installable,
which it is.

The lcms2 in
multimedia:libs is a branch of lcms(1) so i would submit lcms2 direct to
factory and when it is accepted, link it in mulitimedia:libs.

Will

There is also a minor fix for lcms1, which I should push as well.

Peter

OK, I tried to push lcms2 from multimedia:libs from the repo to factory, but I do not have enough karma...

FYI, I have tested building Scribus against lcms2 and no regressions so far. We are also testing this same combo on MacOSX and Win*

Cheers,

Peter