Re: [opensuse-factory] New package kid3-qt to be submitted to factory.
  • From: Guido Berhoerster <gber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 14:49:15 +0200
* Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx> [2010-10-08 11:57]:
Hi, I've submitted new package kid3-qt to factory, this is a non kde
dependent version of kid3 which builds from the same sources. There
isn't a music file tag editor in the distribution yet so this should be
a welcome addition to the distro. This package is available for os 11.1
to factory in multimedia:apps.

This sounde useful (I use the other kid3 packge on under LXDE)
but why don't you integrate this into the kid3 in KDE:Extras
and submit that? This sounds like duplication and KDE users might
benefit from the KDE version. What functionality differences are
between the kde and qt versions?

--
Guido Berhoerster