Re: [opensuse-factory] Are we planning to add VLC to openSUSE 11.4
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 14:16:58 +0200
Dne 3.10.2010 05:29, Nelson Marques napsal(a):
It is very different, Multimedia codecs, are unfortunately widely
patented :|

How would it be if YaST could allow the users to enable some
repositories during installation process?

That could probably be a cool feature even to use with OBS repositories.
In other words, could we offer during install that the users could
enable official VLC depot or packman depot ? Would we still be under the
patents hammer (imagining we're placing a disclaimer?)?

It's already present in installed system: yast2 > software > software
repositories
add > community repositories > select "Packman" and/or "VideoLan" repo > Done

HTH

--

Best Regards

Ladislav Slezák