Re: [opensuse-factory] Status: Milestone 2
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 10:50:26 +0200
Am Sunday 03 October 2010 schrieb Jogchum Reitsma:
Op 29-09-10 14:55, Stephan Kulow schreef:
Hi,

KDE crashes Xorg when used in kvm or virtualbox, but I don't
consider it grave enough to delay Milestone, so I would like
to release this week. The Xorg crash does not hit on real
hardware I have available and GNOME and *X*DE do not have
this problem (we assume it's related to KDE windows effects
on unaccelerated hardware).

Greetings, Stephan

Hi,

It seems to me that this might be the problem I encountered with M2; see
my post "kdm gives no desktop in 11.4M2", from two October, and my bug
report 643362 for this.

My video hardware is NVidia Geforce 8600 GT.

There are various reports in bugzilla now. let's hope that the X team can find
the common pattern and report it upstream. For now it's very strange, that
this use case shouldn't happen in other distributions too.

Greetings, Stephan