Re: [opensuse-factory] Status: Milestone 2
  • From: Jogchum Reitsma <j.reitsma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2010 21:58:18 +0200
Op 29-09-10 14:55, Stephan Kulow schreef:
Hi,

KDE crashes Xorg when used in kvm or virtualbox, but I don't
consider it grave enough to delay Milestone, so I would like
to release this week. The Xorg crash does not hit on real
hardware I have available and GNOME and *X*DE do not have
this problem (we assume it's related to KDE windows effects
on unaccelerated hardware).

Greetings, Stephan
Hi,

It seems to me that this might be the problem I encountered with M2; see my post "kdm gives no desktop in 11.4M2", from two October, and my bug report 643362 for this.

My video hardware is NVidia Geforce 8600 GT.

regards, Jogchum