Re: [opensuse-factory] Radean 5770 11.2
  • From: Juan Erbes <jerbes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 14:41:40 -0300
2010/5/21 Günther J. Niederwimmer <gjn@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hello,

have any a running saphire 5770 installed ?

I have update my hardware, now i have only a graphic mode no console mode
(0X314).

I tested the xorg repository, also no console mode

The ATI driver, i can't install, the repository is not installable ?
(checksum)
--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best Regards,

You has set in the /boot/grub/menu.lst the vga option (like vga=0x31a)???

You can download the driver from ATI, and with the kernel build
environment installed, and the kernel soruce, and install this driver:

https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/ati-driver-installer-10-4-x86.x86_64.run

The installer instruction:
https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/linux_cat104-inst.pdf

Cheers