Re: [opensuse-factory] Fwd: Best installation choice for a new Intel DH55HC MB?
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 16:03:37 -0400
On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 03:27:21PM -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:
All,

I have a new 64-bit Intel MB (DH55HC) and the OS 11.1 DVD is failing
to install.

What is failing?

It goes through the DVD boot and lets me select install.

Then it goes off to configure the zypper repo and comes back and says
it can't find it.

This MB only has Sata, so I first tried installing via SIL dual PCI
IDE controller. I still have that plugged in with a inactive DVD
drive hanging off of it. Maybe that is confusing things?

I'm trying with a USB-based DVD drive and the install
sequence is failing to see the repo on the DVD.

That's really odd.

I'll pull the PCI card see if it helps.

I want to try either 11.2 or Milestone 6.  I don't have a 64-bit DVD
downloaded for either.

Try 11.2.

I have a new Intel motherboard (DQ57TM) that would install 11.2, but
there was no graphics.  Had to update to M6 to get that to work
properly.

good luck,

greg k-h

Greg