Re: SOLVED: Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-kernel] ZTE MF626 on openSUSE 11.3 Milestone 6
  • From: Marcel Hilzinger <mhilzinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 19:46:51 +0200
Am Montag, 10. Mai 2010 17:31:27 schrieb Stefan Seyfried:
[...]
The "usb-modeswitch" program is the recommended way to resolve this, and
is part of the default udev rules, so perhaps you just need to add your
device id to it.

If eject will do perfectly fine, why mess around with usb-modeswitch? The
last time I had looked at this fine piece of software engineering, I was
not willing to have this run as root on my machines. That's also why I
did refuse to maintain it for openSUSE and drop it.

Please consider: Dropping usb_modeswitch means: openSUSE has no Support for
approx 80 % of all _current_ hardware for UMTS/3G-Connection.

It seems a bad idea to me and even worse for openSUSE.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Marcel Hilzinger

Linux New Media AG, Putzbrunner Str. 71, 81739 München, Germany
Tel: +49 89 99 34 110, Fax: +49 89 99 34 1199
mhilzinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - http://www.linuxnewmedia.de
Linux New Media, the Pulse of Open Source: Lawrence, KS - Málaga
Manchester - München - São Paulo - Warszawa