Re: [opensuse-factory] nouveau Gallium3D drivers for testing?
  • From: Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 21:25:52 +0200
On Sun, May 09, 2010 at 07:34:52PM +0200, Robert Kaiser wrote:
Adventurous as I am, I would love to do try and test if and how well
3D effects or even 3D rendering works with nouveau, and I wondered
if there would be some of those highly experimental Gallium3D driver
packages around for Factory.

The Mesa 7.8.1 nouveau driver in factory is already a Gallium3D driver.

The xorg-x11-driver-video-nouveau-3d packages that are around in
Factory and X11:Drivers:Video are ancient (i.e. at least more than a
year old), I guess they are probably candidates for removing.

There is no xorg-x11-driver-video-nouveau-3d package, neither in
openSUSE:Factory nor in X11:Drivers:Video

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany