Re: [opensuse-factory] Keeping nouveau installed like nv and support the installation of Nvidia proprietary drivers
  • From: Roman Bysh <rbtc1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 21:26:38 -0400
On 05/07/2010 10:36 AM, Roman Bysh wrote:
Although blacklist is required, I read that modeset must also be set to
zero.

To blacklist:

echo "blacklist nouveau" >> /etc/modprobe.d/50-blacklist.conf

Add to kernel command in grub:

nouveau.modeset=0

That's two more steps.

This kinda defeats the purpose of the 1 click install when an Nvidia rpm
is available.

Cheers!

Roman

Although blacklist is required, I read that modeset must also be set to
zero. This is what I do:

To blacklist:

echo "blacklist nouveau" >> /etc/modprobe.d/50-blacklist.conf

Add to kernel command in grub:

nouveau.modeset=0

That's two more steps.

This kinda defeats the purpose of the 1 click install when installing
the Nvidia rpm.
I was looking forward to simplifying the "install driver process".

Cheers!

Roman