Re: [opensuse-factory] don't start with 512Mo ram
  • From: Alexis Guéganno <a9emen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 10:25:08 +0200
On 7 May 2010 09:50, jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just a note to say my m6 install on virtualbox installs perfectly with
512Mo ram, but don't boot with this few ram! With 760Mo it boots perfectly

I don't have time now to investigate more, I just quote this because
it's very unusual. Most of the time the maximum problem come at
install time

Notice you a warned at install time that less than 1Gb ram is too
lttle :-), so one can't see this like a bug

jdd
--

Hello !

Just some infos from my installation with 512 Mo. It works for me, but
I don't use VB, or any other virtualization software ;)
I use the DVD for the install process, and when I use the live cd, i
have to boot in text mode to perform the install.
If it can help... ;)

I use LXDE, but can process some tests with KDE or gnome if anybody is
interested. Just say it ;)

Cheers

Alexis.

--
Les objets quantiques sont complètement dingues, mais au moins ils le
sont tous de la même façon.