Re: [opensuse-factory] synaptics gesture suite
  • From: Atri Bhattacharya <badshah400@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:21:26 +0530
On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 09:22 +0200, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On 05/03/2010 at 8:45 PM, Carlos F Lange <carlos.lange@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Will we have the new Synaptics Gesture Suite included in 11.3?
http://www.synaptics.com/go/SGSL

Carlos,

As we don't have it by now it is safe to assume it will not be in 11.3: we
passed the feature freeze of the distribution and are in 'bug fixing' mode
only. No new additions will appear.
One option though: somebody can still submit to Contrib: the freeze is not in
effect there yet!

Dominique

This might be a little off-topic but I have noticed that GNOME disables
tap to click upon finding touchpads (one can of course manually enable
it from the mouse properties). However both in KDE as well as during the
installation from DVD tap-to-click is enabled by default. I think
tap-to-click should also be enabled by default in GNOME, if not for the
ease it provides alone, then for consistency with openSUSE in general. I
can open a bug for this if required. It would be nice to see this
modification come in from 11.3 itself.
Bye
--
Atri