Re: [opensuse-factory] again I ask
  • From: Donn Washburn <n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 16:58:43 -0500
On 05/01/2010 11:12 PM, Space Case wrote:
On May 1, 10:16pm, Donn Washburn wrote:
drwxr-xr-x. 3 donn users 4096 2010-01-02 19:58 .subversion/
drwx------. 4 donn users 4096 2009-11-21 00:06 .thumbnails/
^
| Note dot
Every directory, sub directory and file end in this

Which security program has caused this problem?
Following the bunny trail, from ls through "info coreutils 'ls invocation'"
leads to this:

Following the file mode bits is a single character that specifies
whether an alternate access method such as an access control list
applies to the file. When the character following the file mode
bits is a space, there is no alternate access method. When it is
a printing character, then there is such a method.

GNU `ls' uses a `.' character to indicate a file with an SELinux
security context, but no other alternate access method.

A file with any other combination of alternate access methods is
marked with a `+' character.

So you have a SELinux security context that says "no access".

HTH,
Steve

This Selinux issue has caused me to completely reload after discovering that every directory and file was unuseable because of a "." This problem came from a zypper dup or up.

Question is how do I get rid of the "." on my home directroy and files.

--
73 de Donn Washburn
307 Savoy Street Email:" n5xwb@xxxxxxxxxxx "